Have you been on a study abroad trip with IMA? Do you have experiences you’re eager to share? Do you want to spend time promoting IMA’s internships on your campus? Then look no further. IMA is looking for ambassadors for our Study Abroad Ambassador Program. This opportunity is ideal for program alumni who wish to continue their experience by sharing it on their campus. You’ll encourage your fellow students to study abroad and create their own experiences.
If being an ambassador on your campus is something you’d like to do, then apply for our Study Abroad Ambassador Program today!
Study Abroad Ambassador Program
International Medical Aid’s Study Abroad Ambassador Program is designed for students who have interned with us and want to share their experiences with others. Going on a trip across the globe to shadow doctors as they provide medical care to the underserved is an experience like no other. Not everyone knows that these opportunities exist. You’ll work with other students who want to make a difference in health care on a global level. Your experiences will encourage others to embark on their own adventure.
Your time as a Study Abroad Ambassador will begin by sharing what the interning experience is like from your perspective. You’ll take over International Medical Aid’s social media pages, do Q&A sessions with interested students and provide tips and tricks to enhance the overall study abroad experience. After your internship has ended, you’ll become a Study Abroad Leader on your college campus.
Becoming a Study Abroad Ambassador for International Medical Aid will keep your experience alive. By sharing your stories with others, you’ll relive them again and again. Your stories will inspire other students to study abroad so they can have their own stories to tell. This experience will also look great on your portfolio and your resume. You’ll develop leadership and public speaking skills. You’ll also have the opportunity to make new friends and grow your connections at your university.
If you’ve studied abroad with International Medical Aid, then you’re invited to apply to our ambassador program. Studying abroad is for everyone, regardless of your gender, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability. Diversity is imperative to showcase that studying abroad has no limitations or exclusions.
- Be able to reflect on your experiences. If you’ve been on multiple trips with us, you should organize your experiences by category.
- Always be professional and positive when sharing your experiences with IMA.
- Be able to write and speak effectively. This includes articulating your experiences in a way that others will relate to and understand.
- Be actively involved with IMA in various capacities. Co-curricular and academic opportunities are available.
- Be reliable. Show up on time to your meetings and events. Respond to text messages and emails in a timely manner.
What You'll Do
- Represent IMA at various events, including events for your entire university and events specific to IMA and its programs.
- Use all available tools to promote studying abroad. Examples include talking with others, posting to social media, attending campus-wide events, posting flyers on campus and participating in outreach events.
Becoming an ambassador includes a time commitment. While school years vary, you can expect the following:
- Take over IMA’s social media once.
- Participate in info sessions, study abroad expos, orientations and visits to various classrooms.
- Respond to emails.
As with any commitment, your level of dedication to being an ambassador will determine how much you get out of it. We recommend being as engaged as possible. Have questions or need more details? Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’ll be happy to discuss the road to ambassadorship with you.