- Overnight Stay At Casa Andina Select Arequipa
- Arequipa City Tour and Night Market
- Acccommodations at The Colca Lodge and Hot Springs
- Hike to The Pre-Inca Uyo Uyo Ruins
- Relax in Hot Springs Rich With Minerals
- Stunning Views From Cruz del Condor
- Cultural Immersion with Local Villagers
Arrive in Arequipa and City Tour
- Arrive in Arequipa via the Rodríguez Ballón International Airport. IMA’s representative will pick you up and transfer you to the Casa Andina Select Arequipa hotel, where you will be staying for the night.
- The hotel is right in front of the main square, or Plaza de Armas, and within walking distance from multiple attractions in the city.
- After lunch, enjoy a tour of the city. The tour stops include the columned arches of the eighteenth-century Cathedral, Santa Catalina Monastery, and the Iglesia de la Compañía de Jesús.
- In the evening, enjoy a trip to the night market in Arequipa.
Colca Valley, Uyo Uyo Ruins, and Hot Springs
- After breakfast, you will head to the Colca Valley. The drive will cross the pampas with views of the volcanoes and herds of alpacas and wild vicuñas.
- Lunch will be served in the town of Chivay at a local restaurant before continuing to the Colca Lodge and Hot Springs, where you will stay for two nights.
- In the afternoon, you’ll go on a 30-minute hike to the ruins of Uyo Uyo from Pre-Inca times.
- Return to the lodge and bathe in the hot springs there. The waters are up to 80ºC and rich in minerals that promote relaxation.
Colca Canyon, Cruz del Condor, and Cultural Immersion
- After breakfast, journey to Colca Canyon for a morning hike from Mirador del Cura to Cruz del Condor.
- The hike is around 1.4 miles and offers spectacular views along the way. At the Cruz del Condor lookout, you can also appreciate the depth of the canyon.
- Next, you will get a chance to visit a nearby village to immerse yourself in the local culture and traditional life and rest for a picnic lunch.
- On the way back to the hotel, you will stop to visit the Catedral del Colca.
- Enjoy another soak in hot springs located by the hotel to wrap up your day.
Alpaca Farm and Return to Arequipa
- Before heading back to Arequipa, you can spend time at the hotel’s Alpaca farm after breakfast.
- Lunch will be served along the route back to Arequipa. Expect to arrive in Arequipa in the early afternoon.