- Accommodations at Hosteria Tambopaxi by Cotopaxi Volcano
- Exploring Rumipamba Waterfalls and Caves
- Laguna Limpiopungo Trails and Birdwatching
- Horseback Riding Around Cotopaxi Volcano
- Visit Pucará del Salitre Inca
- Visit The Hugo Proaño Casa del Arte Taller Galeria
Rumipamba Waterfalls and Arrive at Cotopaxi National Park and
- You will leave Quito around 9 AM and travel to the Rumipamba waterfalls to explore the caves there. Enjoy a picnic lunch by the waterfalls.
- Next, you will head to the Hosteria Tambopaxi to check in to your accommodations for your time in Cotopaxi National Park.
- Hosteria Tambopaxi is located at the foot of the Cotopaxi Volcano and offers great views of the volcano.
- In the evening, you will have a guided tour of the trails surrounding the hotel before dinner and a relaxing night.
Laguna Limpiopungo Lake Birdwatching, Trail Walking, and Horseback Riding
- After breakfast, you will leave at 8 AM to head to the Limpiopungo lagoon for a hike on the Laguna Limpiopungo Trail. This trail is around 1.6 miles long and meanders around the lake.
- Enjoy views of Cotopaxi and get a chance to watch migrating waterfowl around the lake. A picnic lunch will be served by the lake.
- You will then return to camp to relax before a guided horseback ride over the páramo and to visit haciendas near the hotel.
- One of the stops will be the Pucará del Salitre Inca, a well-preserved Inca site.
- In the evening, have free time relaxing or further exploring the area by the campsite.
Museums and Return to Quito
- After breakfast and checking out of the hotel, there will be a few stops in Cotopaxi National Park and the surrounding towns before returning to Quito.
- You will get to see the museum at the Visitor’s Center and visit art galleries such as the Hugo Proaño Casa del Arte Taller Galeria.
- Expect to arrive back in Quito after lunch in the late afternoon.