- Stay in a Home Away From Home at the Boulevard 251 Riverside Apartments
- Explore the Lively Belén Waterways
- Cultural Immersion Experience at the Yagua Community
- Tour of the Historic Center of Iquitos
- Experience the Jungles with a Hike in the Allpahuayo Mishana National Reserve
- Go Shopping Down Jiron Prospero Avenue
Arrive in Iquitos, Plaza de Armas, and Belén Waterways
- Fly into the Coronel FAP Francisco Secada Vignetta International Airport (IQT) in Iquitos from Lima’s Jorge Chavez International Airport (LIM).
- Your accommodations will be at the Boulevard 251 Riverside Apartments that offer stunning views on the banks of the Amazon.
- The apartment lodge has a well-preserved garden home to owls, iguanas, several species of exotic birds, and other wildlife.
- Spend the day exploring the Plaza de Armas, Juliette Park, and have lunch by the accommodations.
- In the afternoon, you will head towards the Belén waterways for dinner and make stops at various attractions along the way.
- Visit the Indigenous Culture Museum Amazonicas, Belén market, and Plazuela de Belén.
Yagua Community and Historic Center Tour
- Today, you will enjoy a day trip to visit the Yagua indigenous community who live by the town of San Andrés and Momon River.
- From the Bellavista-Nanay Port, you will take a speed boat ride to San Andrés. In the Yagua community, experience a tribal song and dance and get a chance to purchase artisan goods.
- After a picnic lunch, return to Iquitos.
- In the afternoon you will have a tour of the historic center, including visiting the Old Hotel Palace and Cathedral of Iquitos.
- Enjoy a relaxing evening at the apartment and get a chance to explore their garden.
Allpahuayo Mishana National Reserve Hike
- After an early breakfast, you will leave Iquitos around 7:30 AM to 8 AM to head towards the Allpahuayo Mishana National Reserve.
- Hike through the reserve, see fascinating native plant species, and have a picnic lunch under the majestic trees.
- This will be a full-day trip and you may get a chance to see the wildlife native to the area.
- Relax and enjoy your free time in the evening. We recommend you trying the auto-rickshaw to explore the area around the hotel.
Jiron Prospero and Leave Iquitos
- After breakfast and checking out, you will visit Jiron Prospero avenue for a last-minute chance to shop for souvenirs.
- IMA’s representatives will transfer you to the Coronel FAP Francisco Secada Vignetta International Airport (IQT) for your flight back to Lima.