- Beach Safari at Watamu Marine Park
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour
- Snorkeling in Indian Ocean
- Guided Tour of Gede Ruins
- Malindi Souvenir Market Visit
- Marafa-Hell's Kitchen Sunset Tour
Watamu Marine Park and Gede Ruins
Watamu Marine Park
- Arrive at Watamu Marine Park.
- IMA will facilitate the hiring of a glass-bottomed boat & pay all park fees for the Blue Safari.
- The activities during this trek will include snorkeling (gear rental included), the services of a professional guide, a tour of the Creek and Mangrove with the beautiful scenery of bird watching
- Lunch will be served at the Suudi Island within the Indian Ocean
Gede Ruins Tour
- Depart Watamu for Gede Ruins
- Arrive at Gede Ruins, a historic site, for a two-hour tour led by a professional guide
Check-In at Eden House Cottages and Dinner
- Dinner at Osteria Beach Restaurant is included in the fees at this fascinating location in an English colonial house restaurant on the banks of the Indian Ocean, in the middle of the renowned beach of Silversand.
- Cuisine includes: Italian, Seafood, Mediterranean – Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, and Gluten-Free Options are available.
Vasco da Gama and Marafa Depression Tour
After breakfast, you will drive to the Vasco da Gama Pillar with a combined tour of the first Catholic Church in Malindi and the Malindi Museum. This bell-shaped architecture stands majestically on a cliff and is one of the oldest European monuments built at the East African coast in 1498 amidst Muslim resistance. It was built by the Portuguese to give direction for those who were following the sea route to India.
Malindi Souvenir Market
You will have a brief stop at the souvenir market, where you may purchase paintings or other artifacts available at the market, and your guide will give you a tour of the market.
Lunch at Mnarani Beach Resort
Lunch is included in the fees at this charming location on the cliffs of Kilifi Creek, just where the creek meets and merges with the Indian Ocean. Cuisine includes: Italian, Seafood, Mediterranean – Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, and Gluten-Free Options are available.
Marafa Depression: Hell’s Kitchen Sunset Tour
The Marafa Depression, also known as Hell’s Kitchen, is an odd sandstone canyon outside of Malindi, Kenya. Known locally as Nyari – “the place broken by itself” – it was once a great sandstone ridge worn by wind, rain, and floods into a series of jagged gorges. After lunch, you will set on a 45 minutes drive to Marafa Village, where one of the locals will give you a guided tour and history of the natural canyon, including all the myths by the locals about the occurrence of the depressions. After the walk, you will accede to the “terrace” ready to wait, with cameras, for a marvelous sunset with the typical colors of Africa.