- Browse the Artisan Markets of Otavalo
- Explore The Taxopamba Waterfall
- Indigenous Cultural Immersion at The Kawsaymi Farm.
- Boat Ride and Hike at Cuicocha Lake
- Overnight Stay at Hacienda San Isidro de Iltaqui
- Visit the Equatorial Line at Quitsato Mitad del Mundo Monument
Arrive in Otavalo, City Tour, and Artisan Markets
- Arrive in Quito’s International Airport, where IMA’s representative will pick you up before the drive to Otavalo.
- You will spend the day exploring the attractions in the city of Otavalo. Learn about indigenous culture and history at the Museo del Pueblo Kichwa and visit historical sites such as the Gruta y la Cruz del Socavon.
- You will also have plenty of time browsing the indigenous markets, including Mercado Artesanal, to purchase crafts and souvenirs.
- Your accommodation for the time in the city is at the Hotel Otavalo. It is a charismatic historic hotel that used to be an antique Spanish-colonial house.
Taxopamba Waterfall and Kawsaymi Farm
- After breakfast, you will visit Taxopamba Waterfall for a hike and time to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the 45 m high falls.
- Lunch will be served back at the hotel and you will have time to relax before the afternoon activity.
- In the afternoon, you will visit the family-run farm of Kawsaymi to learn how to cook indigenous cuisine.
- In the evening you can relax at the hotel or request an optional trip to the night markets in Otavalo.
Cuicocha Lake and Cotacachi
- Today, you will take a trip outside the city to Cuicocha Lake after breakfast.
- The morning activities will include a boat ride around the lake, picnic lunch, and a short hike to the top of the crater.
- After the lake trip, you will check into the Hacienda San Isidro de Iltaqui to experience a night at a local hacienda among nature.
- This hacienda is by the Cotacachi Cayapas Ecological Reserve on the slopes of the Mama Cotacachi volcano.
- In the evening, you will visit Cotacachi, an intercultural city popular for its leather goods, before relaxing back at the hacienda.
Quitsato Mitad del Mundo Monument, Solar Culture Museum, and Return to Quito
- After breakfast, you will start the return journey to Quito. One the way, enjoy a stop at the Quitsato Mitad del Mundo Monument. Here, you can visit the equatorial line and the exhibits at the Solar Culture Museum.
- Expect to arrive back in Quito around mid-day, where lunch will be served.